The SPA PEEL formula is based on the synergy of basic components:
- 15% salicylic acid
- 8% pyruvic acid
- 5% lactic acid
- 1% retinoic acid
The salicylic acid has keratolytic properties and it regulates the sebum secretion. The antibacterial effect of acid effectively reduces the extent of inflammations on the skin and accelerates the healing of acne lesions.
The pyruvic acid affects both epidermis and dermis. It prevents the thickening of the stratum corneum, increasing the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the skin. Exfoliation is not accompanied by skin dryness, because the pyruvic acid hydrolyses in the skin to lactic acid with moisturising properties. The pyruvic acid stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin – protein fibres responsible for the skin resiliency and springiness. It has anti-blackhead, lightening and anti-wrinkle properties.
The lactic acid moisturises the skin naturally by attracting water particles to the stratum corneum and stimulating the synthesis of ceramides, thus improving the extremely important protective function of the skin.
The retinoic acid has normalising and sebo-regulatory effects. It improves the skin look and condition, making it more taut and resilient. The retinoic acid prevents the appearance of wrinkles and reduces those existing ones by stimulating the synthesis of collagen.
TREATMENT REPETITION FREQUENCY:
To achieve the desired effects, we recommend a series of at least four treatments at intervals of 14 to 21 days. The number of treatments will be adjusted individually to the needs of the skin.
- inflammatory acne
- acne punctata
- acne scars
- cleansed and refreshed skin
- improvement in skin hydration
- reduction in acne scars
- reduced and cleansed skin pores
- regulation of sebum secretion, reduction in seborrhoea
- elimination of blackheads
- improvement in skin resiliency, smoothed wrinkles
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO THE TREATMENT:
- pregnancy and breast-feeding
- skin allergies to salicylates or other scrub components
- cold sore
- active skin infections: viral, bacterial or fungal
- application of retinoids – derivatives of vitamin A (up to 6 months)
- tendency to formation of keloids
- skin disruption (erosions, excoriations, abrasions)
A normal reaction after the application of SPA PEEL is redness of the treated skin area. The erythema disappears after a few minutes.
- do not use a sauna or swimming pool for 10 days after the treatment
- do not use acid preparations during the exfoliation process
- avoid an intense physical effort for about 6 days after the treatment
- the skin should be protected with sunscreens SPF 50 for a period of about 1 month
- you should give up tanning and sunbathing for a period of about 4 weeks