Cosmelan is an effective method for elimination of hyperpigmentation.
The Cosmelan treatment is the most effective procedure currently available on the market that eliminates hyperpigmentation of hormonal origin (melasma), pigment marks as well as sun and acne spots. The treatment eliminates or significantly reduces hyperpigmentation, even the old one, present for many years.
The mechanism of action is based on using inhibitors of tyrosinase – a key enzyme in the melanin formation process. Certain substances found in the Cosmelan preparation (phytic acid, arbutin, kojic acid, retinol palmitate, ascorbic acid) act by blocking this enzyme.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF COSMELAN:
- It produces no keratolytic (exfoliating) effect.
- It immediately lightens hyperpigmentation.
- The treatment is completely safe.
- The treatment can be performed at any time of the year.
- It is suitable for any skin type.
INDICATIONS FOR THE TREATMENT:
- chloasma (hyperpigmentation of hormonal nature)
- age spots
GENERAL COURSE OF THE TREATMENT:
The first stage of the procedure consists in the application of a mask of the Cosmelan 1 preparation by a specialist. The mask is left on the skin for about 5-10 hours, after which it is washed away by the patient at home. The time of leaving the mask on the skin depends on the intensity of changes and skin type, and is determined individually by the Beauty Parlour’s specialist.
The next stage is home therapy with Cosmelan 2, which ensures the durability of results of the procedure performed at the Parlour.
HOW LONG DOES THE EFFECT REMAIN?
An improvement in the skin condition is visible even after a first week from the beginning of the treatment. Depending on the skin type, the treatment proceeds at different paces. In the case of people with dark skin, spots usually disappear after 8 to 10 days. In the case of people with a fair complexion (blondes and brown-haired people with bright eyes), spots disappear after 8 to 21 days.
In 99% of cases, the intensity of spot colour is reduced by 90%. Although hyperpigmentation practically disappears, sometimes a shadow can be noticed in the place where the skin lesions were previously located.
- reduction of hyperpigmentation of various aetiology
- lifting effect, taut skin
- regulation of sebum secretion
- constricted pores
- nourished and moisturised skin
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO THE TREATMENT:
- pregnancy and breast-feeding
- active cold sore
- skin inflammation
- allergy to preparation components
- decompensated diabetes
- depilation (relative contraindication)
- laser hair removal (it is necessary to wait for 2 weeks after the treatment)
- active acne (relative contraindication)
- sunlight/exposure to UV radiation
- treatment with derivatives of vitamin A
After the treatment, especially in the case of sensitive skin, redness, tension and burning of the skin may occur. This is a completely normal reaction. In order to reduce the feeling of discomfort, it is worth increasing the frequency of soothing cream application.
It is important to maintain the continuity of the treatment. If the treatment is stopped during its course, hyperpigmentation may appear again, since the Cosmelan therapy does not eliminate the tendency to hyperpigmentation but only interrupts it. It is also important to use appropriate sunscreen with the SPF 50 factor. Properly used filters will help you protect your skin from the appearance of spots in the future.
Face PLN 1450
Hands PLN 1450
The price includes the preparation for a 3-month home treatment after the Cosmelan procedure.